Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Missing a weekend, seems like forever

It was school ball (aka Prom) weekend for 2 of my girls.
We overspent, to make it special for them, Saturday was hair by 1 pm, makeup at 5 pm  and pre ball party at 6 pm. the night and early am was spent transport them between parties.
It was fun, tiring, and I wished I could join them in a pretty prom dress.

Tuesday - cheap move night and I finally get to see "The Age of Adaline". Not a bad movie, lead actress is HOT but for me, left me wanting more, so I went to Subway for a late dinner.


Seeing the photos, one from home thanks to my wife, other from the staff at the theater, I realize 2 things.

1st) I'm getting old
2nd) I can't pass as a female.

But, I've known that for a long time, and I still go out and have fun.

It didn't help that I was in a hurry, Miss 16 was also in a hurry and she had my makeup, so we were pestering each other to hurry with what ever we wanted next.

                                                       ***********************
EARLIER, while shopping with my wife, being a gentleman I ran through the poring rain to fetch the car for her.
She complained (while smiling) about the noise, the number of witnesses, and the illegal hand brake sliding car sideways in to a spare parking slot. It would have been cool if the door opened for her and doves flew out - all in slow motion and with background music - still can't have everything we want.

1 comment:

Natassia said...

Sounds like a fun evening! And I love the jeans/boots outfit! :)

(if John Woo would've directed that shopping scene.. there would have certainly been doves ;-) )