Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Saturday

it started with an early swim at the pools.

The woman on the till was a bit surprised, mind you, dressed semi-feminine I probably would have been more suitable for cafe dining in Ponsonby (the extrovertly gay center of Auckland).
Actually my light blue girls top is, this season, being sold at our major department shop (Farmers trading company) in the mens section - tagged as S, M or L rather than mine which has a size 14 tag on it.
Or maybe it was the tight black jeans I was wearing, but didn't boys wear them in the 50's. I remember a photo of my dad, with his motorbike mates, they all had Skinnys on.

Feeling good Sunday, feels like I have some muscles back on my arms & shoulders again, not quite Mr Universe, but still competitive with most 20 year old males. 
In my fleeting burst of fitness enthusiasm I even Googled the Dojos in my area. In reality, my youngest daughter has already learned everything I can teach her, so it would be nice to get her in to proper training and a refresher wouldn't hurt me either. 
Taekwondo is probably the most popular martial art in NewZealand (and my favorite), with Karate second. MMA is rapidly catching up as the younger generation choice.

Saturday also included Auckland, Hamilton and Christchurch having a Transgender awareness parade as Leelah Alcorn from Ohio, took her own life as she struggled to find acceptance and support of her gender identity. It was part of a global campaign to highlight the struggles of transgender people. 

No comments: