Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Girls can do mens work

But it's their shop, so I'll let the nice boys continue changing the tyres.
Plus I don't want my dress to get dirty, or my daughters lace top.
Sorry about the photo, the young man doing the tyres was quite busy, so it was a quick jump in to shot, then out the way again.







































This morning was another rush job as I woke around 8.15.
Quick shave, smudge of foundation, mashed on some mascara and ran out the door at 8.30 am for a coffee.
The outfit you see above, is the same outfit I left the front door in, walked in easy view of 4 neighbours, 3 of which already had their curtains pulled open for the day, and down to my car about 15 meters away from the door. Some days I come home from my outings, dressed the same way.
If they don't know about my little hobby, they should see their optician before they drive their cars.
The young woman across the road is a healer & clairvoyant, wife thinks she might have already spoken to my ghosts, but I personally doubt it, my ghosts are very private.

Sorry, side tracked again, yes coffee, and while having my coffee a very pretty young lady came in to the shop, she had hair like mine and a lovely red sun dress. Did I mention how pretty her hair looked? anyway a bit latter 2 other ladies came in with similar dark straight hair. So with us 4 girls all having similar hair, and the prettiest in a sun dress, who gave me a lovely smile, I felt like I was in heaven (would have loved to have spent the whole day chill'n, chatting and having girl time with them, but all turned out well as my girls also wanted some shopping time with me).

Other news, my 15 year old has given up her paper round that I helped with, so now wife is pressurizing me to return to Taekwondo as an alternative exercise program. It's been about 25 years since my last grading and my exercise preference is now to relax on a board and wait for a good wave after my Christmas experience.
So do I buy a Taekwondo outfit or a surf board (or plan C, sign up for a Uni course in writing apps)?

No comments: