Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Finally after weeks of home renovations

I've been a bit tense of late, due to my lack of girl time.
It's spring here, so wife has outlined some home renovation. In the way she says "here is the paint and brushes" I know that time is not my friend, or the way she says "before you do that can you do......." Saturday turns in to Sunday and before you know it another weekend occurs and more renovation tools appear.

So Monday eventually arrives, and I'm dressed pretty and ready to go out by 5 pm. I wait until wife comes home so I can use her car, and then I find out she is working late at work and arrives home at 6.30 (instead of 5 pm) with a curry dish. My 6 pm movies has turned in to an 8.25 pm session, so it's dinner with the family and a hour to kill. Just after 7 pm oldest daughter who doesn't know about my dressing turns up, so I have to remain in my study until she leaves at 8.10 pm. Finally I run out the door, but get the wife to take a photo of me before I leave as I have 15 minutes until the movie starts.

Wife says - don't go anywhere close to home, well the car can travel only so far in 15 minutes, plus the movie I've been planning to see is 5 minutes up the road, so sorry wife but a bit late now.

Finally get to the movie house and a gentleman holds the door open for his wife and me - I'm so happy. I get my ticket and a coffee, and the cashier took a photo for you to see before the movie starts. Yes,..... my skirt is uncomfortably short for a movie and I was wishing my slightly longer one didn't have a broken zip, but I was determined not to wear my shiny leather look tight pants and boots as you have already seen those. Plus I like the look and feel of my legs with a light coat of Baby Oil on them :)

The movie "one-hundred foot journey" is about an Indian family setting up life in France. Since I was in girl mode, I found this a brilliant chic flick, with a great story, scenery and romance.



No comments: