Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Monday, September 1, 2014

Life is unfair - sometimes

Sunday
So the day starts out as normal as it can for me, waking at 5am excited about a day to play dress up.
See through black lace top, black micro mini, fishnets, feeling like the sluttiest girl at any night club, hoping I had the "just danced through the night" look going on.


Sun starts over the horizon, but what to do...?


I've always wanted to do the crowded church thing - really fun idea, okay a quick change in to something granny conservative (& fishnets), and I'm looking the sweet, not quite innocent church lady. It's actually a nice classy look inspired by the movie Mr & Mrs Smith - you know the scene.
But I'm now in a hurry as the car needs gas, and I need coffee before church, $20 of gas, quick run in to McD for a take away coffee then off to church.
Sitting in my car, drinking the last of my coffee at 15 minutes to 8am, watching all the old dears carefully negotiate the stairs to the church door when I was struck with an odd sense of compassion and the question arises from no where.
Do I want to destroy these poor elderly people perception of their normal life?
I watch more elderly, held up by supportive members of their families, zimmer frames and walking sticks.
My heart was not in to it, I did not want to change their view of reality.


So went back home and made wife breakfast in bed, and smiled when she complimented me on my new darker wig and classy look, just before she sent me back in to the kitchen to finish tiling the floor.

No comments: