Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday 28th October

A fortnight of hell as warm up for Halloween.
While work has been crazy, uncontrolled mayhem thanks to the skills (or lack thereof) of management, a home event nailed the family hard.
Last weekend, my wifes father died.
While I knew his time was short, her (and my kids) last memory was of a tough old man, who used to be a tough young man in his time. For me, while I never knew his younger days, we have both built our own homes and we both have the same attitude and ethics and so with his passing our week has been hellish.

This week is a long weekend, but earlier in the week one of my neighbours left. I thought, as their house was trucking past ours just shy of midnight "is my mailbox in the way?" and I had to ask myself "how the heck did they miss the lamp post" as the roof top skinnied past.

Venturing out Saturday past the previous resting place of the house with my shovel and 2 cans of beer, I happen to notice my neighbor placing stones over the clay where the house used to sit. 2 hours later I had drunk my beer and moved 3 cubic meters of stones.

Sunday - Body sore from Saturday and no rest as I helped another friend with some rust removal and panel beating so his car can pass a Warrant of Fitness, nail polish ruined by glues, resin and acid.

Looking back this week, my sleep has been intermittent and my energies low.

Monday 8.00am, finally dressed correctly and relaxing at McDonalds having a coffee. With all the friends gone back to their respective homes, I hope to remain in girl mode for a few hours more and with summer nearly here, I must thank Miss 15 for her light summery tops that I like so much.
Lots of young families turning up here now and only a matter of time before on of my girls friends turn up.
Must remember to take Miss 11 out for a soccer game.

At last, an hour to escape and relax


No comments: