Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

If I only had an hour.......

Actually that's all the time I had for an outing this Queens long weekend.
Just long enough for a morning coffee and 20 minutes to grab some breakfast food from the supermarket for the family.


OK, it's the same top, skirt & stocking I was wearing at home with wife and miss 13 while cleaning the house (vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, doing the laundry). Miss 13 asked me not to wear bras at home, I would guess the wig falls in to the same grouping.
**********
Thinking of the Queens Jubilee - Auckland (the largest city in New Zealand) did absolutely nothing. It's like we only put flags up to celebrate every other culture in the world, whist making British culture or history (yes we're still a colony) taboo.

**********
On Thursday, my 14 year old daughter, my little angel, the most wonderful girl in the world, is at a family court meeting to see if she deserves a conviction for being a stupid idiot. I'm confused about why teenagers need to become stupid idiots. At this stage I think I'm more a spectator, but I know what a wonderful woman she can become after these teen years and I'll do my best to look after her, today, tomorrow and always.

No comments: