Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Friday, January 5, 2024

Had a few hours to myself

 But first, a coffee to start the day

Then I had to go to the refuse center to dump a years worth of rubbish (mostly old cupboards after Christmas renovations). Of course I won't be wearing a short skirt for that, so swapped for some sport tights.

After that, Bunnings for some storage boxes for sorting out stuff in my shed.








Now, doing what I enjoy - hiking

But I forgot how hard the terrain can get and within an hour of walking (with wig and and extra 1.6 kgs under my bra) I was sweating from every pore






Luckily, I found a semi private watering hole to cool down in. I say semi-private because the waterfall is a point of interest on the hike and I ended up with 2 couples and their 2 small children watching and chatting to me. I even ended up taking the family photo for them and very glad I shaved under my arms as I had to hold my hands up to encourage one of the kids to look at mums camera.



I didn't really want my bra getting wet, but wasn't going to remove it in front of anyone add to the fact my forms would probably float away in the stream.

It took another 90 minutes  for my swim suit to dry out and chatted to many walkers while it was drying out. I think 1-3pm must be prime time for other hikers


After 5 hours in the bush, I decided it was time to get get changed and head home.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol you sure live a interesting life .love the adventures rachel keep it up (sandra)

Rachel said...

Thanks Sandra, think next time I'll be using my hiking poles because my knees don't appreciate the downhill sections anymore.
And I'll wear shorts and a cooler top next time (putting leggings on wet legs is not fun, especially with spectators watching)