Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Friday, March 31, 2023

Observations after the anti-trans rally

So one woman commented about boys who identify as girls, using girls changing rooms and it got me to thinking

I wouldn't like that at the pools or other locations where there isn't a private cubical (luckily I was allowed to use the private "family rooms") . On the other hand the ladies change rooms at the clothing shop does have individual cubicles so isn't a problem.

But then, being raised as a naturalist, why do we have issues with our genitals, or Michelangelo's David sculpture, is that in itself, some sort of perversion that society wishes to normalize? I remember how giddy my teenage friends got at topless beach while I was more interested in body surfing, until my head hit the sandy beach bottom in a not to gentle way. 

So many different points of view, but whichever you take, it should be with respect for others as well.

Anyway, this is not me thinking too hard about the subject while shopping in Newmarket 

Or having coffee or picking up groceries at my local outlets.





No comments: