Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, October 13, 2019

At last FREEDOM !!!

So as you know I've been busting my A with the home renovations every minute I've been home.
Well yesterday (Saturday) was a 13 hour work day, installing kitchen benches and completing the fence to the yard and I was totally burned out and told the wife I needed a few hours this morning to relax.

So first it was a McDonalds coffee stop around 7 am, then to Kmart for a browse, I decided to purchase some much needed printer paper.





8.30 in the shopping mall, time for another coffee and read of the paper



9 am and the nail shop in the mall next to me opens - well why not?


I feel like I'm walking on clouds, so happy...

I posted these two photos to my 21 year old daughter who had her nails done yesterday.
she says "nice... but isn't that my dress?"
To which I replied, "it's not about the dress, which is also very nice :)"

I checked out a few more shops, chatted to some really nice and helpful sales staff.
I decided, while in East Auckland, I might as well check out the Howick Historic Village.






After getting home, wife had me get changed asap to get to the shops for more shelving units and to return the surplus flooring.
While she was surprised by my nails, after removing the color she was happy for both of us and our youngest daughter to have lunch out at a cafe. Once we got back home, I cut down my nails to a more manly length.

After such an outing, I can only say, I feel absolutely fantastic.

2 comments:

Tia C.D. said...

Oh that must be soo good, to get out and about, the dress and nails look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tia feel free to contact me id be Keen to meet you