Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, May 12, 2019

No surprises

Wife and daughter are painting our bedroom - 
I want to be well away from that project as I painted it just 3 years ago while the two "DIY experts" were away (saves me getting ear ache). They had decided for a clean white room back then but last week wife started putting grey test pot patches over the walls.

The wind is running at 90 km/h, with periods of light rain.
Wanting to escape being involved in painting, I decided to visit the Auckland museum as it's been a few years since my last visit and it has an underground car park. Wife asked me to leave and return discretely (aka wig less, but I did have foundation and mascara on as well as wearing my female clothes under my outer layer of men's clothing) and change in the car.

Arriving at the museum, I discovered half of it was shut for renovations - the very same half that's connected to the underground car park. As I stroll around to the main entrance with a 90 km/h breeze on my back, the wind funnels through the door and almost doubles it's speed, but I made it in with my wig still on but probably looking like a dogs back end.
 
 


Meandering around the open half of the museum, no one blinked, smiled or even seemed a little surprised at this old cross dresser being out in public. I think maybe the "normals" are getting used to trans or gender fluid people or maybe they have been educated not to make a fuss.














With the museum half closed, including the coffee shop, I headed for McDonald's again (maybe I should get paid for mentioning them so much) for a coffee.

 I got home just as the girls were finishing the first coat of paint on the last wall, I'll have to disappear again next weekend when they do the second coat.
Also I'm not surprised that the cat has paint on him, and there's paint paw prints on my keyboard (mostly off now). It's hard trimming cat fur when they just want to escape.

It's Autumn here now, and this morning I picked up all the leaves around the house and the neighbours driveway which our tree hangs over, arriving back home at 4 pm, there was another pile of leaves blown up, just as high as this mornings lot - hopefully they will blow away before the morning. 

No comments: