Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, October 14, 2018

fun weekend

First, before we get in to the photos,
Is there anyone who has code to drive a 2.4 inch TFT LCD touch screen on an Arduino Mega board, I'm after a couple of control buttons.
I'm not really wanting to re-invent the wheel, just want 2 buttons and figured someone out here already has the code.
This has been the only frustrating thing about my week.

I did teach my 16 year old how to use Auckland trains and buses, and she got on the wrong train on her first solo. She was lucky to jump back on to the correct train at the next stop, so pretty happy she now knows the difference between north bound and south bound - we also have a western line but not sure why anyone would want to go that way (joke for Aucklanders).
Just now got distracted with dinner - I was in such a hurry to get back to writing this to you,  that a chicken breast flew out of the tongs and splatted on the floor while turning it, that's okay, maybe I'll give that one to the person who displeases me the most before I serve up dinner.

Yesterday was a fabulous day with the wife, checking out garden centers for plant ideas, having lunch out with her and helping her with gardening.

I did manage to get out today, had an early coffee (7.30 am).
The day was shaping up to be like summer if a cold wind wasn't blowing in from the South.
Summer days are made for short skirts.





















I was lucky enough to meet up with Josie, have brunch and a catch up with whats happening in her life.
Well I am kind of lucky in that way,
lucky to live the life I want,
lucky to meet extremely intelligent people
and also lucky that Columbus Coffee has a nice breakfast menu.



No comments: