Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Friday, May 11, 2018

Last 6 days

Had a Sunday coffee - getting to be quite a regular thing, but had to be close to home as the car was low on petrol and trying to save - for oldest daughters wedding and some camera gear (stabilizer, mic etc) to video her wedding.
I did get an apology for not being invited to the Hens do. I wasn't expecting one anyway as my job those few weeks will be to be the "man" of the house and that's cool by me.


Tuesday is cheap arse Movie night - cinema was packed with lots of others who don't want to pay more than $10 for a movie. 
I saw The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (totally booked out for this session). Great movie and I will go back to see it again as it's definitely a must see fun movie. 
While I fell in love with the lead actress character, I found myself wanting to undress her - and steal her amazing dresses

Friday I got called back to the doctors. 
As a young child, I often pretended to be "Iron man", but now it seems that is, what is missing from my bio-system (no wonder the nuts and bolts have fallen off).
So here's a picture waiting at the chemist for my iron. 
I could just lick the iron, but knowing my kids, it's still turned on and would burn my tongue. 
Went to the supermarket afterword's (3.30), it was just after school and had to fight my way past lots of teenagers who had just left school.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel, Anneke again. My partner is away again and this time my car is not in the garage. So I should have later today, Wednesday most of the day and Thursday morning till after lunch to let Anneke play. Looking forward to it. Need more foundation and blush so will have to visit a pharmacy in man mode. No idea why I get anxious !!!! Just me I guess. So wish me luck. Anneke.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel, Anneke is having fun. Had about 5 hours yesterday and drove into Milford and had a walk around the mall. Today I have been dressed since about 12:30 and out I went for a drive. Had a walk round then off into Milford again seems to be my place of choice. Not well known there. Had a wander in the mall again for 15 minutes. Drove to Takapuna. but no parking so back to Milford for another wander in the mall. Looked in the window at a few dress shops.
Came back home and got changed into something more evening like. Will go out again soon and find somewhere else. People did not really "look" at me just a passing glance so must be doing something right. I try to keep in mind that psychologist at Auckland university who dresses as a woman most of the time. Breaking down barriers.

Love Anneke.

Wendygrrl said...

Hi Rachel... Luv your look in the colorful dress...Lovely & ladylike...

Wendy