Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Hi Stress day

New Zealand lost it's number #8 wire mentality to meet the "International Standard".
So where I had a hole in the external wall for my car to get into the garage, when I filled in the hole with framing, weatherboard and drywall during a conversion, I didn't do a "bracing calculation". Silly me I though a hole had ZERO bracing and my infill would be a lot stronger than the current rating, but according to "the Book" the air was calculated, whereas my infill could weaken the structure.
The same thing was argued when I installed an extra roof support post as I didn't want to rely on the "certified" system, so I got a kicking from council for adding more strength to my garage.

Old (48 years old) configuration - hole where the garage door is
New configuration but more prone to wind shear even though the hole has never failed in 48 years????
With an inspection like that, I need to relax, and how better than getting out dressed.
First to the Doctors, but had to book a slot in another hour, so COFFEE time :)


Sorry, no make up except lip stick, got a busy day planned after lunch, so just a coffee, read the paper and headed back to the doctors.
As I drive in to the doctors car park, I recognized a work colleague at the next shop, but like most people and lucky for me, he was to busy to notice me (I hope).
Turns out I have Tennis elbow after using the post hole borer about 6 weeks ago.
The Doctor didn't even blink when I saw him, probably seen a few cross dressers before - or maybe he remembered me from my last visit :)

No comments: