Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Super stressed out

So stressed I was up until midnight then awake at 4 am.
By 5.30 am decided to go out and have a coffee to try and relax.
I didn't care that I hadn't shaved
Didn't care that I hadn't put on make up
Didn't care that I looked like a bloke in a skirt
But all the other early coffee goers at 6 am were really quite chilled about me, smiled politely and staff were their usual lovely self.

So why am I stressed -
Well I did an hour of plumbing and spent $170 on parts.
BUT in the protection racket that is New Zealand..........

Anyway, my cost to do a mint job, within the scope if their written rules - lets call it $300
Plumbers pricing.......... cheapest $1,900......... average $2,400. 

Same for my drain layer - $4,500 for 5 man hours of work and $300 of materials.

I really don't have the money to pay someone $700/hr (my weeks earnings) and another $500 for him to write a certificate to say he did an okay job.



No comments: