Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Monday, March 19, 2018

Still no luck with plumbing

I can't find anyone to do the work for less than 3 days wages per hour.
Normally I charge out 3 x my wages , 1/3 wages, 1/3 vehicle & 1/3 head office costs.
While my apprenticeship was longer than a plumber, and I did have to go into combat conditions, I still wouldn't mind if they charged out at a bit more then me, but less than a day wages per hour would be nice.

Anyway, last weekend I was replacing my fence, using a 1 man hole drill and busted up my arms and the ground was full of concrete which kept jamming the drill bit.
A week later and my muscles still feel like they have been ripped off the bone, so don't ask me to lift anything heaver than a coffee

So I did...

Another hot day and at 10.30, McDonalds was so full, it was almost a race to get to an empty table.
After my coffee, I visited my girlfriend, had another coffee, it's really cool chatting to very intelligent people, such a quick visit and you feel so much more knowledgeable.

But atlas.... the real world calls and I have to go car hunting for a new car for my daughter.

No comments: