Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Chatted to the neighbour while...

Decided on some girl time this morning and took my car for a run to Sylvia Park shopping center.
Had a coffee and it reminded me why I prefer McDonald's barista coffee, so this mornings coffee left me feeling like I hadn't actually had a drink. I did get to read their newspaper and a write up about how the NZ boat is faster than the Americans (America's Cup races tend to capture the public's attention, especially when we are winning)
I also checked out a few clothes shops, but found myself being distracted by my projects at home.
 

So at home, I'm still removing rusty gutters and fitting plastic gutters.
So I'm up my ladder removing old rusty brackets in a long t-shirt and black cotton tights when my neighbour visited and asked for help with cutting down one of his trees. We chatted for a bit then I told him I would just get changed before I popped over to help him.
Between his tree and my gutters, I think I've managed to strain every part of my body and also put my back out - but what a productive day - Can't wait until Monday when I get to sit in a nice office chair and just relax with just a PC and a phone.

No comments: