Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Getting a bit bored with this girl thing

Today was a quick 1 hour relax and reading my book at McDonalds while enjoying a coffee. Originally I wore my favourite top, only to realize as I was about to head out, that I wore it last week at the blood donor clinic, so a quick change to my blue top.

Because I've had a down turn in this need to be a female, wife has encouraged me to grow a beard over the last week. She says I look hot like George Michael did (she had the hots for him), but every time I looked in the mirror all I saw was Willie Nelson looking back at me.
Anyway the chin growth came off last night and this morning I had some time for myself.

I would have done something exciting except for one thing
I've just spent the last of my money on a hire car to use next weekend in Otago.
I know it's not right to have a favourite child, but I'm taking her and leaving her down there, to experience Otago University for the next 3 years.
At the same time my wife & I will spend a few days exploring the sights of Queenstown, Wanaka etc. Many of you have seen the scenery in Lord or the Rings, Cliffhanger (Sylvester Stallone) and Lake Wanaka was even mentioned by Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible as a holiday spot. Nothing is so magical as sitting on the shore of Lake Wanaka, enjoying an ice cream from the ice cream booth while looking across at a snow covered Mt Aspiring and breathing crisp clean air on a warm summer day.
2002 photo as I flew around Mt Aspiring
Not Lake Wanaka, but there are so many I've forgotten this lakes name
 As for me, I hope I get to do a horse back trek at Glenorchy, maybe ride past a film crew and be "discovered" as the next great action actor ("Mrs Doubtfire V'rs LOTR Orcs" - sounds like an exciting movie to me). I can't wait to be back down in the South Island.


PS. Just because I publish how great the area is, I didn't know Reese Witherspoon and Oprah would read my blog and turn up just hours latter at Queenstown, think I might have to buy a new dress in case I "bump into them"

No comments: