Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Friday, February 3, 2017

Donating Blood

The thing with my Cross Dressing, well it's about letting out a "sub personality" who will often nag me if I don't give her time, which in turn makes me grumpy.

Well last weekend was so great and relaxing even without girl time, "Rachel" has not interrupted my life since before that weekend so there has been no pressure for girl time and I still feel great.
Even so, I did decide to have a bit of fun before spending a few hours panel beating my car dents out (not the car that Miss 17 wrote off on Jan 1st) and giving the paint a cut and polish

I dropped of Miss 14 for her first day of school for 2017. She had a 4 hour school day and I was expecting to pick her and a friend up at 2 pm.
In the car I tried to discretely get changed, I'm unsure how well that worked but it was a quiet road. Make up was Thin Lizzy concealer, lip stick and mascara
Cool rainy start to the day at the coffee shop

Coffee and a snack at Hollywood Bakery, read the national paper and offered the paper to a elderly couple who were also hoping to read it while they had their morning coffee. I think they were a bit surprised that I was willing to interact with them instead of just leaving the paper on my table as I left,













Afterwards I headed to the Blood Bank to donate some blood - it's a 3 day weekend here and I'm hoping no one will need it as our cities empty out for the 3 day break.
I had a great chat with the nurse and she was surprised I dress for myself and that I have no interest in men as she had assumed (like most people) that cross dresses dress to attract men - ever had that discussion with your women folk, ask them who they dress for and most will say for themselves, so no difference really.
She asked if I prefer Miss or Mrs, I replied Mr (she did have my male drivers licence and I'm normally Mr when I go there) was fine for me although probably not cool for others
The day is getting too hot for a wig, the nurses are also hot, luckily the blood bank has aircon.

On the way home I stopped at the auto shop for some new polishing pads for my machine, got home and changed 2 minutes before Miss 17 friends drove up.

I've been feeling so good since last weekend that I feel like I could give up cross dressing.
We all know how that doesn't work, the number of times I've "stopped" in the past and so I know having dual personalities is a life long event and we just have to make the best of it.
While there is a good "Ladies Night" at the local movie house, I don't expect to feel the need and I hope I won't need to be in girl mode for the next 7 days or so.
I do love writing to you and want to tell you all about my girl time but don't be surprised if nothing happens for a week or two.


No comments: