Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Lovely quiet morning

Last few weekends, due to the late parties, which always ends with several "additionals" in the house, I think I've gotten fairly good at sneaking out without running in to anyone needing the bathroom.
This morning was no exception, my theory is to be up and out before they wake up but often means I need to be out of the house by 7 am at the latest.
It's also one of the reasons my make up is foundation, mascara, lipstick and then I'm out of the house in under 5 minutes.
The down side is for a 3 hour outing, means several coffee stops. 
Today started with coffee, between 8 and 9.30 I had visited 2 department shops (K Mart & The Warehouse) and tried on several items of clothing. By 9.30 I was having a second coffee and breakfast at Columbus Coffee house. I do like coffee shops with ambiance and the national newspaper for light reading

McDonalds do great coffee here

Finished reading the newspaper, now time for a health chocolate cake breakfast :-)
Foot note:
Wife has taken strongly to gardening which means lots of digging for new plants and removing the old plants, so now I write this on my porch, watching many different birds enjoying our garden and the new spring flowers.

No comments: