Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Finally some me time

Okay so it started early with me sneaking out at 7 am past all the party people who I wouldn't expect to wake for another few hours. A few people had waken and had used the toilet 15 minutes earlier, but hopefully they went back to sleep. We only have 1 bathroom so I had a quick shave and a 4 minute make over.
Still wintry this morning and that's enough excuse to wear my faux rubber tights, matching nail polish & lipstick - thusly I snuck out the house.
Early McDonalds coffee


Okay the tights and top don't really work, so I'm in need of a longer top because these tights feel to nice to take off








But I did







As the morning was still young, I meandered off to Sylvia Park mall for breakfast and also reading the paper to pass the time at Columbus Coffee shop. At 9 am I strolled around a few girls shops and tried on a couple of business type black skirts as I haven't gotten around to replacing the zipper in my skirt.

     Sylvia Park just before shops open 






























































After Sylvia Park, I had to get a safety check completed on wife's car (I spent an hour yesterday under it, degreasing the steering rack as they now need a visual on it)
The vehicle testing station was still shut when I got there at 9.30 (opens at 10 am on Sundays), so I decided to get a photo on a busy Auckland beach, which was surprising vibrant with young families and walkers enjoying the sunny conditions.





Mission Bay fountain & VTNZ (vehicle testing station)

Once I got changed and back home, found family and 4 of last night partiers having brunch.

Wife and I visited plant shop as she has the Spring gardening bug.

After 1 pm, I took youngest off for a bit of archery, and while in the field, she slipped and we spend the rest of the afternoon at A&E while she had X-rays and a plaster cast put on her arm.

No comments: