Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Post birthday brunch

It's been a long couple of weeks and my lovely wife got me the red winter coat I've always wanted from Glassons and while it looked nice on me in male mode, it didn't sit so well once I had some lady lumps plus it was far to hot for New Zealand Autumn weather. I returned it and have now allocated the funds to the second item on my wish list - a 1080HD sports action camera (yet to purchase).

Last week I did manage to buy a nice pair of $10 leggings (black and white Aztec pattern) and have been wearing them at home most evenings.
Good Friday started as a hot day, so I put on my favourite summer dress and did the house work. I also tried bouncing Miss 14 out of bed at 10.30am as the washing machine kind of woke her and I felt like annoying her (just because it was my turn to annoy her at last). Being a teen, she grumbled and fell back to sleep.
Saturday morning, and with Miss 16's supply of Avon make up, I actually used Primer, Foundation and a Powder. It took about 30 minutes to get ready as opposed to my usual 10 minutes and then I was ready for McDonalds coffee.

At 9am I meet up with Josie for a lovely breakfast at Syliva Park Shopping Centre, but before it arrived from the kitchen, a large gathering had started near us. I mentioned to Josie we should perhaps move up a table to allow the group more room, some of the group noticed and thanked us and after a brief conversation were singing "Happy Birthday" to me - I would have turned a few shades red had it not been for all the make up on :)

After breakfast we did a little clothes shopping where we both tried on a few outfits. The mall is quite long as are Josie's strides, so I felt like I had jogged a mile by the time we got back to our cars. I was having so much fun and had hardly noticed how busy the mall had gotten during our shop, so hopefully we got away before either of us were recognised.

Sorry about the image, had to push the exposure through a photo editor due to lots of back lighting


No comments: