Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Thursday, November 28, 2013

No time to be a girl

Another water pipe burst, another carpet flooded.
I'm really getting fed up of the black plastic pipes in my home, and now decided every time I open a wall or ceiling, I'm going to replace the pipes in the area.
Last few weekends have been spent removing the old carpet an prepping the den for a tri-colour concrete overlay floor. Well last Tuesday we got to re-furnish the den after 3 weeks of work.
The guys advised the layer was about 3mm thick, yet there are a few spots the size of match stick heads where the grey concrete is visible. I'm getting to like the imperfections, knowing if I had done the job, they wouldn't exist, plus I'm scared paint won't fix the spots.

Base with water barrier















Finished concrete
Another view


With the Korean home stays in the house, my dressing has been limited to just my black nightie at night and early in the morning, Gave nice neighbour a wave as she checked her mailbox yesterday morning while I was making coffee for wife and myself.








No comments: