Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Brunch - ReLoaded

Sitting at home with family, relaxing in my black cotton tights, floral bra and purple top with 3/4 sleeves.

I've just spend 3 hours removing a 5 foot section of wall, running a co-axial cable and mains up inside the wall for a wall mounted TV. The reason being is that yesterday, wife and daughter got a selection of test pots of paint and started painting to convert it in to a feature wall which they now plan to paint in the next 5 days. Luckily I had a spare bit of dry wall in the garage and just finished plastering it. If miss 15 had her way, it would have been painted before the plaster was dry or sanded back.

I woke at 5.45am this morning and couldn't even blame the cats for walking all over me during the night like they usually do, but I felt like I hadn't slept for weeks. Laying beside my wife for another hour but still not sleeping, I decided to go out for coffee.
Getting to the bathroom for a shave, putting on my foundation, mascara, eye shadow and lip stick, only just making out my face as the bags under my eyes opened them for me, feeling like age is an ocean liner on my face.
Dressed in tight white top, black jeans and heels I made my way to McDonalds for a 7am coffee, within minutes of sipping the hot drink my body responded, the bags under my eyes lifted and I was ready to run a marathon - had it not been for my tight clothes and high heels. With the coffee down and newspaper read, re-energized I sprang into the local hardware, purchased 2 new oven light bulbs, and before I knew it, I had changed in to a lovely black pencil skirt and sitting with my favorite girl having brunch.

It's amazing how a good coffee and brunch with good company can make such a difference.

No comments: