Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Out to be seen

Today started with a nice coffee just after 12, lunch time at Ellerslie McDonalds

I do like my daughters mini skirt, OK the top showed of my biceps, but I wanted something tight & shiny with a deep V neckline.
I also paid another 6 months road user charges on my car, blowing any money I might have used on myself. Staff at the Post Office were friendly and chatty.
I do wish they had a bigger mirror in the ladies room as with 2 of us girls checking makeup it gets a bit friendly



Afterwards I headed South to check out the $40 wigs at Papatoetoe Plaza

I loved the dark red with light red highlights, wish I had a spare $40. I wanted to try a blond that I saw a couple of weeks ago, but it had been sold
Trip to Manukau Shopping Centre - scary, but only had a few boys comment "Sup", "Yo" etc.

And then I fell in love........With a beautiful red dress ($60) from Pagani

I'm unsure where I would wear it, but the material was absolutely fabulous and the colour and the fit, I could almost hear it begging me to buy it. I didn't.   I visited a few other women's clothing shops, but they have moved into their winter range.
I decided to re-visit the Auckland Botanic Gardens. The roses have all gone, but I figure I was an extra flower in my flowery dress. Most other people there were in winter colours but they were all friendly to me.


So I hope that gives a nice visual record, of just a normal girl having a lovely day out, and for those that may recognise me, I have 3 sub-personalities, but Rachel is the only nice one that I allow out (and she is a lesbian).

No comments: