Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Did I mention finally getting a car?

Okay - it's Ford, 2008 version, European with the wipers and indicators on the wrong side.
Day 3 and the engine light is on - external temp sensor showing -17 degrees C, which is about 40 degrees wrong, also a coil on a manifold vacuum controller has open circuited. Hoping to get to the wreckers soon for replacements, good job I enjoy playing with engines.

Having a car (station wagon) has ignited my dream of having a kayak and touring.
It's also meant less interest in having girl time.

BUT I did get out for 6 hours today 😃

First, early morning coffee at 7 am.

 

Coffee took a while as the grinder died and staff had to grab and set up the spare grinder. I wasn't in any hurry.
I visited Mitre 10 hardware, checked out their light fittings for youngest daughter before posing for you in the kitchen area. Found a bathroom mirror I would like to talk the wife into getting.
 

Had brunch with my girlfriend Josie. We have both been too busy to meet up over the last 4 months so it was great to see her again. After brunch we had a meander along one of our lovely beaches, got some sun rays 😀

 



No comments: