Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, November 10, 2019

Been photographed while out

Today I decided it would be nice to have brunch again with Josie.
She's had a busy year and luckily found a few hours spare to meet up. Not that my life hasn't been busy, wife always has something planned for me to do (keeps me out of trouble - apparently).

Next weekend, I'll be in boy mode, out in the wild with a 12 Kg backpack strapped to me as I do a 4 day walk that would probably take an 1 hour in a car - I'm taking a short cut between a couple of mountains.

Anyway, back to this morning.
First stop, MacDonald's for a coffee and a read of today's newspaper.
I had started out in one of my skirts that 2 of my daughters call my "slut" skirt, I mean it's not like it didn't cover my butt, besides, it used to be one of theirs when they were teenagers. Anyway, MacDonald's was busier than expected so I swapped to a more mature looking stripy skirt.

 

I also needed a battery pack and selfie stick for my hike, as well as scroggin and a few other tramping supplies, so a bit of shopping after coffee #1.

Eventually I meet up with Josie at "Sequel", a newly branded cafe in Botany.
The owner recognized me and we had a brief chat, apparently it was their "opening day".
What that means, is that while they still have my favourite breakfast, they also had their web designer running around taking photos and crowd shots for their web page.
So don't be surprised if I'm slightly famous on the Sequel cafe web page with a photo that looks a bit like this one the staff took of Josie and I.


Now wishing I spent more than 3 minutes on makeup and a bit miffed I totally forgot mascara this morning.

No comments: