Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, September 1, 2019

Ouch

Yesterday I was carving up the concrete drive to do a new connection to the 1960 clay storm water pipe. Using the rented demolition hammer, 3 hours standing over the concrete and another 3 hours in the hole. I managed to baby the large hammer so as not to fracture the exposed pipe.
Afterward, wife wanted a small but deep garden wall broken up and removed.
So after 8 hours hard work, my back is extremely sore, my arms have pins and needles 12 hours later and I've worn the pads of quite a few fingers (luckily not my index fingers, I can still type).
I now have about two and a half tons of concrete on the side of my drive, waiting disposal.

Today I returned the demolition hammer to the hire company. Got the young fella to lift it out the car as I'm just too sore for such a heavy lift

















And followed it up with a bit of shopping and coffee and cake.
I was surprised to get "mam" and even invited to a Ladies night promo, with free food.


No comments: