Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Saturday, June 15, 2019

Building renovations

Our double garage / laundry refit is progressing nicely.
It was a nice functional area, but needed extra work to become a "habitable space" - ie, bedrooms
In the mean time our laundry is outside on the deck.

Luckily, rather than stressing me, this is the wife's project and she is okay with the progress.

Me, I need girl time to relax, although now it's cool in the night, I end up having a cat and a dog sleeping on me, while I stay awake trying to kick the buggers off me.
So half asleep, I do a few hardware pickups and then had brunch at Columbus Coffee with my girlfriend
 

Brunch for me was a nice sausage roll and coffee while JJ had pancake breakfast.
During our walk around Sylvia Park shops, we stopped and tried on some stuff at H&M. She bought a new dress for work while I tried on a beautiful blue top. I'm trying to save money for a trip to Australia and had to focus on that.
 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel, It is a long time since I last commented. Anneke has been let loose again. Your blog and my last experience has given me confidence so I have been out and about again while my partner was away. Went to buy some cosmetics and posted a letter to the UK at the post office. Then had a wander around Takapuna and into the mall. Looked around Farmers then back home. My partner is away again in July so Anneke should have another outing. It would be nice to catch up and have a coffee. Maybe you could suggest somewhere ? Maybe you could persuade Nicky to join us?? Thanks Anneke.

Rachel said...

Hi Anneke, normally I would jump at the chance for an outing, but for some reason Rachel is hiding