Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Ahh, holidays

Holidays are great, they are a time with family and friends
and a time when we can be ourselves.

Today started at 3 am, with Miss 19 and 4 friends waking up around the house. Miss 19 needed to be at the airport 2 hours later for a flight to Wellington, while her 4 friends drove down (1 hour flight verses an 8 hour drive). They all meet up with the rest of the gang later in the day to start the New Years party which should end in 4 nights time.

Miss 19 also left me, her recommended selection of her expensive make up to use while she is away.
I have such great kids or should I say young adults?

At 5.30 am I went for my first swim in ages due to my shoulder injury. After this mornings 500 meter swim it would appear that it's only the backstroke technique that aggravates my injury.

If I can get back up to 1,500 meters I should be able to lose this Christmas Pudding weight that I've gained these last few weeks.
Wife saw the photos of me at the pools and asked who else saw me, I told her there was 5 elderly Asians and I didn't get their names so can't really answer her. She did see the humour in my answer.







At about 9.30 am, Miss 18 borrowed our family car to go on a 2 day holiday a couple of hours away up north. As her group all have restricted drivers license, they all have to take a separate car. To my way of thinking that's 4 girls with under 18 months driving experience, who will be on the road as opposed to 1 driver with limited experience with 3 friends. Apparently there is some statistic that says 4 young drivers in 4 cars is safer than 4 young adults in 1 car - it's all about limiting driver distractions.

10 am and I've picked up my girlfriend Josie for a lovely morning coffee and beach walk. It's absolutely amazing how quickly and fun a few hours in girl mode can be, chatting out our required 3,000 words, that blokes can't handle. In my normal male mode, 3,000 words is a week or 2 worth yet so natural in a few hours of girl time.

Wife and I are off to Wellington in a few days to join my kids "after New Years" party and check out the area. So except for at home, I will be in boy mode for the next 2 weeks.

I hope you have a great New Year, be safe and I'll write to you next year.

Rachel xxx



No comments: