Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Monday, June 3, 2013

OK, I know it's been a while, but apart from dressing up between 4.30 and 6 pm while cooking for the family, emptying dish washer, reloading dishwasher, maybe doing a load of clothes washing and all those other manly things.
I've spent the last few weekends fixing the wife's car, finally finished my electronic gizmo and encapsulated it for marine environment and I'm half way through a massive gardening project for my oldest daughter (who moved in to a rental with lawns thigh high and weeds throughout the flower garden).

At last, this very day, managed a bit of girl time with favorite girlfriend - nothing beats relaxing with a bit of girlie chat and gossip, a lovely brunch (grilled banana, bacon, pancakes covered in maple syrup) and good coffee. I also got out to wear my new and now favorite skirt, it's so great to feel rubbing on my skin.

2 comments:

Tia C.D. said...

That is such a cute outfit full stop, though the skirt is gorgeous, where did you get it?

Rachel said...

Thanks Tia, skirt is currently at Supre for $34. Caution though - I did a twirl in front of Josie and the SA and didn't realize how high the skirt went until I saw their faces