Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Monday, November 13, 2023

Had one of those days

 I took Friday off to get my car fixed, booked in at 8am.

I got up early, spent a whole 15 minutes on makeup to look good, dressed casually and drove my car to the local dealer / service depot. Standing there in reception, with staff and other customers, only to find out the parts hadn't yet left the supply depot and was told they would update me in an hour. I had planned a nice 4 hour outing in girl mode, including a bus ride to the shopping center. So I decided to visit the local Bunnings, check out their garden center and have a coffee.


During my coffee, they told me parts will be there around 10.30. Wife had a 12pm task for me so I rang her up and told her I was heading home in girl mode (my boy clothes were in her car as I was expecting her to pick me up) and asked if we had any unscheduled visitors, she said the "coast is clear".  Once home, I got changed, had a second breakfast, then we both took a car back to the dealer, who has now seen me in both modes. Wife and I did a 2 hour job before heading back to pick up my car. Disappointed my 4 hour girl time became a 1 hour outing.

One day I will have time to be myself.

Earlier in the week, I had coffee on the way home from work, walk around the shops, tried on a very tight pink tee shirt (I think there's a reason most of my clothes are black), didn't like the look, visited the library, checked out the book shop, neither having the book I was after, then picked up milk on the way home.



Well, worn the blue skirt twice, that's hopefully enough for this month, I wonder if oldest daughter is giving away any of her clothes. One of my girls wants me to "get with it" and buy a pair of slides like hers. I'm unsure, but never say never.



No comments: