Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Saturday, November 4, 2023

Nervous but....

Nervous, like butterflies in my stomach.

Many many years ago, I tried to say hi to a fellow sister (crossdresser). Lets just say the experience made me very wary about trying to say Hi to others.

Well today, I actually had the balls to try it again and ended up with a very pleasant meeting with an attractive lady. I was still very nervous and probably scared of any silence between us, so I probably talked too much (way more than normal). At the end, I told her "I better take a photo of my outing" to prove to you that I got out today, then totally forgot about it until I got to the shops. I promised to pick up some bread this morning for a 9am breakfast. Had I known I was going to run into a sister, I probably would have spent a bit more time doing my makeup - actually, no matter how much makeup I use, it's not going to help at my age.



EARLIER in the week...
I had to grab some groceries, found chicken breasts at $10 a Kg, so got 3Kg - mostly for the cat and a few other bits I needed for dinner. Of course I was so exhausted, I needed a refreshing coffee at Columbus Coffee and read the newspaper while there (I'm sure shopping for groceries is exhausting and a reasonable excuse for coffee?).

But while at the Shopping Centre, I decided to see if there were any nice new shoes to be purchased. I bought flats last week for $9 at KMart and now the 3 inch heels I've enjoyed for a only a year are starting to  hurt me after a 100 meters. I realized this morning that my heels are a bit worn out and sloped on the Top Piece (I think I have a couple spare replacements somewhere). Anyway, I did find a nice pair with a wide 2 inch heel at The Warehouse.



With limited funds, I decided purchasing a camera cleaning kit was more important as a couple of lens I tried were covered in months of dust and there's a couple of nasty dots on my sensor, praying they are just dirt and not a sensor fault. 

The shoes remained on my mind all week so as soon as I got paid on Thursday, I was back in the shop and now I own too many pairs of shoes (2 heels and 2 flats, but no boots 😔).


I have a new project, I've been told the previous forms were done with Visual Studio, I'm like what's that? Opening it up, it's reminding me of some Visual Basic I did many years ago, so hopefully my old exposure might help but still suffering from impersonator syndrome when it comes to coding.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was really nice finally meeting you Rachael and thank you for having the courage to introduce yourself. I was as nervous as anything, but so glad we bumped into each other. Suzzie