Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Extended long weekend

What is the point of a public holiday if you can't add a few extra days and have a whole week off.
So in my weeks travels, I find myself in South Auckland. In this area, men are men and have tattoos to prove it.
I did notice my swim bag was in my car, so without any disguise I walked in to the pools at 1 pm as a normal middle aged, seriously balding man with chin stubble, and politely asked if transgendered people are allowed to swim there.
They answered "YES" and after swimming 700 meters until my shoulder popped, I had the lovely staff take a photo just for you. Yes I know I'm crazy, but just relaxing as a girl is so fantastic.
One of the four life guards thought I looked funny and had trouble suppressing a laugh, but I would have laughed also if I saw such a sight

Hair added in the editing suit, to scary otherwise





















I also found myself on Waiheke Island - Lonely Planet 5th best destinations in the world. A great day to be myself, checking out the island. As this is quite an "Alternative Lifestyle" area, I decided to go as ME, and again, had to post edit some hair on my head so as not to scare you to much (photos scared me, I thought it was an early Halloween)

Actually I like this edited hair, I must look at finding a similar wig.

Lovely staff at one of the many cafe's took this and again just amazing how much calmer I am for having these "girl times".

It also pays to pace your drinking when visiting the many wineries on the island, hence the need for visiting the cafe's afterwards for some strong coffee.










Life at Home Today:
So wife has me watching her favourite TV program "Sister Wives", where Kody is designing jewellery for his wives, so mine asks me what I would make for her.
I told her 2 cats (yes she is a cat lover), walking in sync next to each other, maybe with tails entwined to represent her and myself in sync and always touching.
She then tells me she would do an eagle for me (the only tattoo I've ever thought of, and only didn't because of my dual personalities). She tells me I'm always soaring and never coming down, not just in terms of "being" Rachel, but also with my parachuting, gliding, scuba diving, home renovations and all my other interests, I just don't have the time or energy or all the other crap you need to be "down" on life.
I think I have the worlds best wife/lover/soulmate/friend

No comments: