Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Saturday, October 3, 2026

Amazing trip

Like all good things, it has to end eventually.

Arriving home, my body clock has taken longer than expected to adjust to the new time zone and to make matters worse, NZ clocks moved forward an hour for daylight savings, so instead of waking at 4am (alarm set for 6.30am), I've been waking at 3am for a couple of days.

Between a bus tour and family, I wasn't really alone for more than 2 minutes. 

During a visit to a shopping centre, I pointed out a skirt and top that I wouldn't mind owning while browzing with my wife- wife took the hint and added it to her shopping basket. There were many things I would have tried on and probably bought, but  disappearing into fitting rooms with skirts and dresses would have raised family suspicions.


The top is a body suit and it's so tight that my voice is a couple of octaves higher, unfortunately the skirt is a bit lose and it's not like I could fly back and exchange it. That's what you get when you can't try stuff on first 😔

Oh yes, it was raining and before I got to the grocery store for bread and milk (fridge was emptied before we left), I "accidently" stood under a gutter that leaked a lot, so my top got soaked and skirt got damp. It was a nice way to cool down when your feeling hot.

I've been trying to get some extra girl time this week due to lack of, during the trip (imagine me at the Eiffel Tower or various chateaus through France or even the London Underground - big NO from wife).

So coffee morning in lace body suit and short skirt and while it sounds nice, once the snaps pop on the g-string, and things drop, it's a delicate situation moving around. So a slow and careful walk to the toilets to clip everything back in place is called for.

 


I've got to find another hobby instead of just sitting around looking pretty with coffee, but just not sure what that hobby will be. Last month it was a bit cold and my hobby was seeing how often in one week I could wear the same clothes to the same place?



No comments: