Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, October 11, 2026

Car troubles

I had the annual safety check of my car and apparentlly one of my shock absorbers was leaking. I can't see it but I don't really crawl under that often.


I had hoped to get out and do fun stuff, including shopping and coffee, which I did.

I started at the library while waiting for the hairdressers to open (I eventually gave up as the hairdressers hadn't opened 30 minutes later than their opening time - they do eyebrows and mine are looking wooly).

I made it to Sylvia park around 10, shopping and relaxing for an hour or so. At the Warehouse I found a pretty dress at a reasonable price that is my comfort thing, for not buying a stack of clothes during my trip to London and France.



Eventually I made it to my mechanic that I've used for 20 years and got a quote to replace my cars shock absorbers.

What's the point of buying a dress if you don't wear it, so I decided to wear it when dropping off my car once the parts arrived a few days later. It only took about an hour to fix, a quick trip to get the car certified for another year, then it was time to browse the shops, pick up more lip stick and have coffee.









No comments: