Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Merry Christmas

My work has finally broken up for the year and I get 3 weeks off.
Day 1 of my holidays and I'm still on "work time" waking at 5 am.
Hopefully I'll learn to sleep in, but it did give me time to play dress up at home followed by my regular coffee.
My cat in the photo, after 10 years of semi-loyalty to the family, is about to die from kidney failure. The vet is surprised he hasn't yet passed away. Going to be a sad Christmas.

At my regular coffee stop, I had a chat to my gym instructor and even though I haven't been a member for about 2 months, he still knows my name. Sounds like my old gym is having a renovation.

 

Once I got home, I spent 30 minutes making pancakes for all the late sleepers.

 

Last 2 evenings, I've had the pleasure of accessing, removing and re-building my "unmarried son in law" car starter motor, ie been elbow deep in oil, coolant, etc, busting my knuckles when bolts release. I've had lots of fun getting back into auto electrical and fixing broken stuff, but unsure why a modern male wouldn't know how to do this sort of stuff (but neither does the gym instructor I met this morning).
Probably because removing and repairing a starter motor doesn't need a keyboard or a mouse.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to everyone, 
may it be filled with fun, family, pretty clothes and wine.

Borrowed my daughters dress for the evening
Garrison Pub, Sylvia Park shopping center

A special "hi" to my Blenheim blog reader.
Blenheim is an amazing part of NZ, with great scenery, great wine, a fantastic museum and just a really laid back town. It's also close to Picton if you need a ferry to the capital and a lovely drive to Nelson. Blenheim also has a significant meaning in my late teen years, that I could never forget.

No comments: