Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, December 16, 2018

Parties over for a while

Hen night, a smashing night, or a night to be smashed on. 
The girls had fun but from all accounts, the dancer/strippers while nice, apparently worked up a sweat on the dance floor before mingling with the crowds of women (my girls didn't like touching sweaty men).
On confetti balloons, when they pop they leave confetti everywhere so I had to spend a bit of time with the vacuum cleaner getting sparkles off windows, blinds, chair, carpet as we're having visitors over for a late lunch. It's really the first time I've seen my cat wearing sparkles, luckily he doesn't mind the vacuum cleaner.

This morning, while waiting for the house to wake up from a late night of drinking, I managed to get out for a bit of girl time.
Coffee, shops looking for Christmas presents, took the wife's broken engagement ring to the jewellers, more coffee.
20 Degrees C at 7.30 am, going to be a hot day
 

I did manage to try on about 6 different outfits while out, including two different white pants (a first for me) and several tops.
The blue top I liked 4 weeks ago, was still in the shop (Kmart) so I tried it on again, figured it would be perfect for my 9 hour drive south in 2 weeks time. As a bonus, instead of it being $10 a few weeks ago, they were selling it for $5. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel you look great as usual. Thank you very much for blog I just love reading what you have been up. Merry Christmas to you and your family ....... Hayley xo

Rachel said...

Thanks Hayley, hope you and your family have a great Christmas.
I hope my blog reads as real life, which is why it's not all about being gender fluid, but also the highs and lows of normal every day life.