Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Ever had....

That sort of weekend, when wife decides she wants a new garden area - one that's sloped to be flat?

I mean we have one nice area that oversees the house, but she wants a different area for a more medatative feel, maybe a small water feature (that's wife job to organise).

As for me, I'd like a few hours of "girl time". I got up early for a coffee and was kind of planning to visit the mall. I'd like to get a scooter, not sure if I should get a push scooter or electric to keep up with the grandkids. 

Just as I'm planning of going to the mall, I remembered there's no breakfast food for wife when she wakes (about 9am is her normal). I panicked and decided to get some bread and peanut butter for her (wine would have been nicer).















So by 11am, I'm lugging about 120Kg of timber around and framing the new garden and as usual, I run out of screws and need to go to Bunning for a box of screws when I only want 6. Might as well pick up some drainage gravel and have an afternoon coffee while I'm there.
















Next was removing some concrete and leveling with soil I have elsewhere around the property.




I'm getting old - even my doctor said the same this week, my back is sore and when I mentioned to the doctor how I see a sexy girl and my brain wonders if she likes hiking or tennis. Doc even gave me some Viagra so I can relive my youth, but I really want to re-paint my car and don't think Viagra will help.
I like to pretented to be young and sexy, but this morning I'm still thinking "old", maybe even too old for crossdressing or carrying 35kg, 5 meter lenghts of wood around.




No comments: