Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Friday, September 20, 2024

Printer hell

Last month, due to wife working from home a few days per week, I decided to update my MFC printer (we both do quite a bit of ADF scanning and the old ADF was showing an error meaning only flatbed scanning was available). Wife likes to print with black ink only documents.

Anyway, unable to afford a Canon or Brother MDF, I got a cheap printer knowing it will be costly in ink. So the other day, the machine told me we needed to replace the Black ink, so I went and bought one and fitted it. That night he printer refused to print in Black because it thought the Cyan ink was empty so I raced off to the shops before they closed (20 minutes each way) and bought Cyan ink and fitted it. Everything looked good for about 2 minutes as it checked the Cyan ink and then it reported the Yellow was empty. Having driven to the shops twice for the stupid machine, once for Black, then again for Cyan, the third time I decided to buy both the Yellow and Magenta just in case it decided the Magenta was empty after I fit the Yellow - and guess what, it did. I've never had a machine that ran out of Black, Cyan, Yellow and Magenta all after the last black ink page it printed, normally one or two inks should still have enough left over to put ink on paper for a few prints.

All in all, because it only initially reported the Black ink and stopped working and every time one full ink was replace it would then report a different ink empty - the machine was unusable for 2 days - My old Canon told me exactly what was empty and what was nearly empty AND it would print black even if the three colours were totally empty.  

While picking up the two remaining inks colours this morning, I decided a coffee and a bit of clothes shopping would be fun (okay, we were also out of milk and toilet paper as well). I had breakfast earlier in the week in this dress at a cafe and the gentleman at the next table had a confused look when he saw me, I was nearly tempted to say hi and that I'm also confused but he was busy with reports, so maybe it was work that confused him and not me, although I probably should have shaved off my 5 o'clock shadow. 














My breakfast is normally around 6.30-7.30am, so occasionally I stop at a cafe in the industrial area I pass through on my way to work for breakfast. There's normally quite a few "Hi Vis" wearers having breakfast at that time as well. Staff know my coffee preference 😁 




No comments: