Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Still asleep

Living the dream on 3 hours sleep.
Well Miss 19 had her birthday party, music went until 3.30am and at one stage she told me how much she loves me, at least she is a happy drunk.
This time "noise control" was not called in to shut down the party - that's a good sign of maturity. 

3 hours later and still half asleep
I had to sneak out this morning as there were quite a few bodies scattered on anything that looked like a sleeping spot. I now appreciate those who tend to live in cars, bloody hard trying to put make up on and look pretty while sitting in the driver's seat using the small vanity mirror. 
I wasn't sure if I could be bothered with my wig today but sitting at the cafe typing most of this, the wig just seems right.

Spent an hour at Sylvia Park shopping center - real busy due to Christmas, even this early as everyone tries to beat the crowd. Saw some lovely presents for my wife and checked out some teen books for Miss 14. 

I found it difficult getting the make up off in the car instead of when I'm at home next to the bathroom sink, as wife rung to advise me everyone was awake and looking forward to her late breakfast so my face and nails had to be ultra - un-girlie when I walked through the door. She was even waiting to check me while cooking the sausages.


7.30 am coffee
8.30-9am Coffee & Brownie at Sylvia Park

No comments: