Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Friday, December 1, 2023

Mid week outing

It's always nice to have a day off mid week, time for myself without interruption.

Of course I start with coffee at my favorite cafe where the staff are always friendly and the other clients just as easy to chat to. I would like to add a breakfast snack, but for health reasons I normally have Weet-Bix for breakfast













I did a bit of grocery shopping, after changing to very tight pants, I went to get the stuff from the bulk shop and the wife enjoys the variety at the slightly more expensive shop.




On the way out of the mall, I saw a backdrop that I thought you would enjoy, so I set up the camera on the groceries in the trolly and just as the timer ran down, a kind woman offered to take the photo for me. So that is who I was looking at as the timer reached zero (life sometimes has interesting distractions). 
And on point, I hope you are set up for a very Merry Christmas, even though there's still a few weeks to the magical time.


Wife's coffee was on special at "the Warehouse" so I got a couple of jars (hopefully enough for a month) and decided that I should have a second coffee at Muffin Break.


And after so many hours walking around, I have a sore on top of my toe where my fishnet stocking was rubbing it due to the pressure from my shoes. While it's only a small bit of skin missing, it feels like it's exposed a million nerve ends. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh geez give me a full day in girl mode wandering around shopping I would love it - Suzzie

Rachel said...

I did, but my feet are killing me now, should have just worn flats all day