Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, December 24, 2023

Merry Christmas everyone

Started my week finding the correct parts for the repair of my wife's car. 

I visited "Pick a Part" wreckers where they had a similar car that had been rear ended. I paid my $2 and walked in with my tool box (would have loved to do photos here, maybe in a wedding dress and getting greasy, but today I'm on a mission, in boy mode), checked and removed a front left axial, paid for the part on the way out and replaced the wifes car stub axial. It's nice having the correct tools for the job, even if I only need them once in every 5 years and nothing really beats playing with mechanical stuff, grease or power tools.

Okay - nearly correct tools


Of course there's other jobs, like going to the shop when you realize your totally out of dog food (after a coffee)


Apart from relaxing morning coffee, there's still a need for a few extra presents under the tree for the kids in the quite expanded family.


Before shopping, while the morning light was still low, I decided to try a photoshoot with this dress wife left on our bed last night. 
One thing I learned from it, I still look like a man trying to be a woman - certainly didn't feel that way, felt more like me, trying to be me.











Anyway, it's family time and with that in mind, I hope you all get to join with family (whatever shape or form that takes) and have a very merry Christmas and happy holiday times. My thoughts go out to those who's families are not connected and hope you find a friend to share this season with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy new year hope to see rachel out and about more this year (sandra)

Rachel said...

Thanks Sandra, feels like each week is becoming the same. Think I need to pack my tent up and disappear for a couple of days (off the grid if I could).