Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Dog Box and losing a car

Dog Box

Quite a simple thing and it only took her 24 hours to get over.
Having a semi-free Saturday, I advised my wife we can do whatever she wants up until 2 pm, at which time I had to pick up one of the girls. 
Wife likes gardening and after visiting several garden centers, she had me start "digging" holes for her 9 new plants. The number 2 hole was dug at 1.59, so I stopped and commenced my 2 pm pick up. Wife decided to dig the other 7 holes then accused me on not doing all the digging she wanted me to do. It doesn't really help that her attitude towards 2 pm usually includes all times between 2 and 2.59. 

Lost my little runabout car.

So my oldest daughter was given a car 3 years ago by her biological father, she's maintained it, paid insurance and road user charges for the last 3 years. Unfortunately last week after a argument, he phoned the police accusing her of stealing the car and demanded it's return. Well she lives rural and requires a car for work and since my little runabout is only lightly used between now and Christmas University holidays, we've allowed her to take it home (8 hours drive down the country). I filled up the tank for her and did the full maintenance so hopefully nothing for her to worry about until it returns.

40 minutes of girl time

This Morning (Sunday), got up at 6.30 and tried on my new light concealer and foundation. 2 oldest daughters "borrowed" my eye shadow, mascara and a few other things last  night but that isn't going to stop me from having a 30 minutes coffee before shopping for a big breakfast cook up - feeding up the oldest so she and boyfriend can do the long drive home with less food stops. 

Coffee and grocery shopping outfit

 Wife reading an interesting interview

After shopping and a quick change, I found wife in bed and rested with her as she read an interview with a prostitute. When asked about interesting clients, she responded with a story about how a high power executive found dressing in stockings and heals found it relaxing - wife laughs and says "bet you can relate to that", I just smiled back.

No comments: