Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Maritime Museum and...

I had a lovely Saturday morning checking out the Maritime Museum. I love old structures, including boats. The part I relate mostly too however is the Kiwi Batch, very 70's, reminds me about having fun without electronic stuff, like playing outside with friends, seeing how far we could get old leaky dinghies out into the estuary and back (amazingly, we managed to get them all back to the shore).






I also related to the wall poster of the Northern Steamship building, probably because I spent quite a lot of time there.




After the Museum, I went for a late lunch at 277 Broadway and a walk around the shops. 

A funny thing happened while there - a female shop lady commented as I was checking out their pretty dresses, on my how nice my fishnet stockings looked, we had a fun polite chat about how I like to be a "bit different". The truth being it's easier to get my heels on with a layer of something between my feet and the shoe and fishnets are cooler than stockings.

But about 15 minutes later, while relaxing with a cool milkshake in a cafe, a chap commented on how nice my fishnet stocking looked, and I had no idea how to respond except saying something along the lines of how much of a nuisance they are - they aren't really, and I should have just thanked him and seen if he had thought about anything intelligent to say next.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dress is lovely and the fishnets are stunning!!!

Rachel said...

Thanks, I think the fishnets adds a little to the look and also puts material under my feet to allow them to slide out of my heels easier.