Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Productive day

OMG, just googled "Jake Graf and Hannah Winterbourne", what an inspiration.

After 10 years of working alone, due to staff changes at work I now work with a young lady (late 20's). While we've worked together briefly over the last couple of years, getting used to working with someone else 40 hours a week has been interesting and I think we are getting into a good work rhythm as we seem to think alike on projects. The down side for me is no nail polish, no mascara, no bra underneath my clothes while at work.

The big excitement this week, has been the neighbour's 1960's weatherboard house that was lifted, put on a truck and driven off. The rumour is that the owner (who has never lived in New Zealand) intends to build 2 two story houses on the land. Of course no one here except the Auckland Council likes the idea of our neighbourhood changing.

Today, we had visitors over and apart from an hours outing this morning to have a coffee and read the paper the rest of the day has been spent on renovations (mowing the lawn, remove gutters, paint under them and reposition all the brackets). Daughter has had me make some poles to string overhead lighting and I spent the evening with the wife around a small outdoor fire - really wishing I had bought some beer.
Tomorrow I have to refit the gutters, paint some chairs and I'm sure I heard mutterings of other jobs to be done - we always tend to do stuff like this when overseas family are arriving soon and staying with us. I doubt I'll be allowed out over Christmas as my extended family take over Rachel's room.

I love summer, specially as most of my clothes are summer clothes.



No comments: