Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Saturday, July 24, 2021

Car back to the mechanics

 During the annual safety check, the mechanic picked up the fact my shock absorbers were leaking oil and needed replacing.

I could have done it myself, but my mechanic gets a parts discount that makes it the same price whether I do it or they do it. My mechanic knows me in either mode and today asked about one of my older cars that he hasn't seen for a while. I sold it for a reasonable price.


While out, I stopped off for a coffee and a read of the newspaper at Columbus Coffee Botany Junction.

So, really every day, I relax with a coffee and reading the cafe's newspaper. It probably would be a bit cheaper to have a newspaper delivered home and have a coffee at home, but with young adults and now grand children at home, not to mention the wife who has so many garden projects, there's no way to relax there.






No comments: