Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Stealing time

Building work at home finally passed it's second to last inspection. So at this stage it's all hands on paint rollers and laying the floating floor as soon as the paint dries. Eventually I'll have to connect the laundry appliances and then it will be time for the final inspection.

My outings this week, have been so fast and furious, that apart from female clothes, it was just me (no wig or make up), ie, a man in a dress.
Basically just because every second of my day is taken up with the renovations.

Today however, I started work early and finished early.
I got home at 2.40, quickly removed my chin stubble (5 days worth), threw on some foundation and lipstick, got dressed and managed to get to a busy McDonald's for a coffee and a much deserved muffin for a treat by 3 pm. I kind of figured the school kids would still be another 30 minutes so was surprised half way through, with all the mums with school kids and the older ones with cars turning up at 3.20.
Too bad, I was enjoying the time out, everything was right with the world.

On the way home, I would say I picked up my youngest from the bus stop, but then she made me swap seats and she drove me home.
Back home and it's back into my builders clothes and back into painting another room.





No comments: